Victorinox Honing Steel 12-Inch Round Combination Cut, Black Plastic Handle

Victorinox Honing Steel 12-Inch Round Combination Cut, Black Plastic Handlethis is my second combo cut victronox steel

if you know how to sharpen and maintain your edge well this is the steel for you about 4 laps one set each side and it will have your knife ready to go ...there is a signifcant size increase in the diameter from a 10 inch to 12 inch model......ill spare saying things like it doesnt sharpen because if you recognize the value of coarse and fine you already know ............side note i cut meat for a living so this is getting alot of use and i can attest it is well made.

First thing to realize: this is NOT a sharpener, it is a honing steel. It's great for touching up a knife that already has a sharp edge but will NOT sharpen an otherwise dull knife.

This particular steel is great because with this length, it's suitable for anything up to a 10" knife. Generally, you need a steel that is at least 2" longer than the knife you want to hone.

The plastic handle is okay, not exceptional but not uncomfortable either.

Buy Victorinox Honing Steel 12-Inch Round Combination Cut, Black Plastic Handle Now

I bought this sharpening steel about a year ago and it gets a lot of use. I would have to keep sharpening my knives on a stone every few months. This tool keeps my knives sharp.

I would have liked to see a nicer handle, though. Just molded plastic. It does what it is made to do, though. Five stars.

Read Best Reviews of Victorinox Honing Steel 12-Inch Round Combination Cut, Black Plastic Handle Here

What a wonderful honing steel. My knives can be re-aligned quickly and precisely. The two different grains are great. I do most of the honing on the larger grain, and then fine tune with the tighter grain. A single swipe can make all the difference in how precise the knife's blade is.

When doing a lot of knife work sometimes I'll wash the knife, hone it again, and go back to work. No need to have a struggle on your hands when re-honing will make quick work. I usually buy poultry as a whole bird and cut it into pieces myself. Having this honing steel makes cutting up a chicken easy. Cutting through joints and bones is never an issue.

Want Victorinox Honing Steel 12-Inch Round Combination Cut, Black Plastic Handle Discount?

I'm extremely happy I picked this up. It's cheap enough that I don't worry about traveling with it (e.g. to BBQs), but extremely well built and functional. Opposing sides of the steel are smooth and ridged, allowing you to change which parts of the steel you're using by turning your wrist.

Save 32% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment