J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 15-Piece Fine Edge Synergy Block Knife Set

J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 15-Piece Fine Edge Synergy Block Knife SetThese are the "arm candy" of knives. They're pretty to look at but are essentially useless.

My blades began rusting a day after I used them. I've only had them since Christmas and am shopping for replacements as we speak.

Don't by these.

Whoa...my sisters have this set at their house, which I used extensively last night to cut with. In a word? Terrible.

They have not used them much, and all they had for me was a glass cutting board (I know, terrible). Due to the glass cutting board, I knew these edges, had they been used, would not be terribly sharp.

I made a point of sharpening them on the included steel using the procedure outlined in the manual.

Anyhow, I found myself both struggling and TEARING vegetables when cutting them. To slice red pepper, I was having to pull the remaining portion of the pepper up to tear it off of the piece I *thought* I'd just cut.

Perhaps this is a terribly unfair comparison, as I am used to my Henckels Pro "S" set. But for crying out loud, I didn't think it would be THIS bad.

While I cannot speak for the rest of the Henckels "International" (meaning "Made in Spain, not Germany") line, this set was very much unacceptable. You would literally get a better value buying a Henckels 4-Star Chef's Knife instead of this WHOLE SET. At least you'd get some real use out of it.

The steak knives feel cheap. This is definitely a $60-feeling set, no great "value," in my opinion. I would never, ever, ever buy a Henckels International product after this interlude and will happily return home tonight to my Henkels Pro "S" set...where cutting through ANYTHING is like gliding through soft butter.

Buy J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 15-Piece Fine Edge Synergy Block Knife Set Now

My husband received this set as a present and we couldn't be happier with it. The finish is beautiful, the quality superb. We have has this for 2 or 3 yrs now and we still love it!

Read Best Reviews of J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 15-Piece Fine Edge Synergy Block Knife Set Here

Henckel along with manufacturers of other cutlery, utensils, cookware and kitchen accessories always state whether or not you should wash them in a dishwasher. PLEASE pay attention to their instructions! Henckel manufactures a fine product. I always hand wash the knives -as they advise -then dry them immediately and store them safely. I don't want to discount others' reviews but those who have had problems with "rusting" have either not cared for the knives properly or have had a very rare low-quality product they should ask Henckel to replace.

Not everything goes in the dishwasher. Just as with garments, read the label before you wash! :)

Want J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 15-Piece Fine Edge Synergy Block Knife Set Discount?

Prior to this set I had a cheap Chefmate set for maybe 20 or 30 dollars. After a year or two the handles started to detach, so I decided I needed to buy a better set. Trusting in Henckels name I bought this set. The knives are made in China. Regarding quality, the knives are still holding up great after almost 5 years of use. While it is really recommended to hand wash and dry your kitchen knives, I always put mine in the dishwasher instead. Maybe due to this after about 4 years they started to show some rustmarks, but this turned out to be no big deal. With the help of some "Barkeepers Friend" I was able to quickly and easily remove those marks again.

The knives are "stamped knives", making them rather light in weight. The handles feel good and the set will look nice in your kitchen.

Regarding the material of the blade Henckel does not advertise them as a "carbon blade" but rather as a "stainless steel". I therefore strongly suspect that this is not a carbon steel blade.

After about 5 years despite being able to get rid of the rustmarks, the blades have become worn. Sending them for resharpening is not really worth it and buying a whetstone is almost as much as the set costs by itself. So after close to 5 years it haas come close to where the set needs replacement.

Really good knives that you want to use for 10 or 20 years should be "carbon steel", which can be made much sharper than stainless steel and also hold their edge longer. Still if you want a set that is able to handle your basic daily kitchen duties for the next 5 years and will not break in the process instead of a set for life, you will be perfectly happy. The next step up from this set are carbon steel knives, either stamped or forged, that can run you anywhere from $300 to $1000 for a good set, but those will also last you longer and give you a better cutting experience. For the money this is a great set I was very happy for the time owning it and I therefore recommend it.

Save 69% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment